Sixth MC & WGs Meeting:
14–16 May 2012
Program | Venue | Registration | Lodging | Travel |
Tourism | Organizers | Dinner
Location: Berlin (Germany)
1st Venue on Monday, May 14th and Thursday, May 15th 2012:
Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW)
2nd Venue on Wednesday, May 16th 2012:
Humboldt Universtät (HU)
Please complete the online form to register for the Sixth MC & WGs Meeting. Fields marked with * are obligatory. If you have any questions, please contact the organising committee at email@example.com.
All participants are strongly encouraged to stay at Hotel Allegra, where we have arranged special deal.
The rates are as follows:
Single Room Bed & Breakfast: €90 per night
Double Room Bed & Breakfast: €115 per night
We have blocked 25 single rooms and 15 double rooms.
Please note that we have to book all rooms (or at least 75%). Otherwise this option becomes invalid.
Please send your reservation directly to Eva Valcheva. Please note what kind of room you need, your name, full adress and VISA-card number. Rooms are secured until 15th March 2012. After this date, rooms are not guaranteed and rates may increase. Full payment is to be made upon arrival at hotel.
Gästehaus der Humboldt Universität (Guest House of the Humboldt University)
Ziegelstr. 13 a/b
The rates are as follows:
Single Room Bed: €38–43 per night
Double Room Bed: €72 per night
We have blocked 28 single rooms and 2 double rooms. Please note that the hotel didn’t offer a breakfast.
Please send your reservation directly to Eva Valcheva. Please note what kind of room you need, your name, full adress and VISA card number. Rooms are secured until 15th March 2012. After this date, rooms are not guaranteed and rates may increase. Full payment is to be made upon arrival at hotel.
FYI: Hotel Allegra is located near Guest House, walking distance ca. 5 Min. Please see the following map for more details.
If you would rather stay somewhere else, you will need to look for accommodation options yourself. In this case, you should be aware that many other events are taking place in Berlin during this time, so make your reservations as soon as possible.
Search for hotels in Berlin:
Or search for hostels in Berlin:
The meeting will take place on May 14th and 15th in the the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW), Jägerstrasse 22/23, 10117 Berlin.
Getting to BBAW
The closest subway station is Hausvogteiplatz (U2) and Französische Straße (U6). The closest bus stops are Jerusalemer Straße (bus M48).
- Arrival at Berlin Hauptbahnhof (main station): take the S-Bahn (S3, S5, S7, S75) to the next station Friedrichstraße, then take the subway U6 to Französische Straße, walking distance ca. 300m. This trip is covered by a ticket 'Berlin AB'.
- Arrival at airport Tegel: take the express bus TXL to Unter den Linden/Friedrichstraße, then turn right into Friedrichstraße. Take Bus 147 from the station to the station Werderscher Markt, then you have to walk ca. 300 m. Alternatively, you can take the bus 128 from Tegel airport to the station Kurt-Schumacher-Platz and then take U6 to stationFranzösische Straße, walking distance ca. 300m. This trip is covered by a ticket 'Berlin AB'.
- Arrival at airport Schönefeld: take the bus X7 to subway station Rudow, then take U7 to station Mehringdamm. Change here for U6 to station Französische Straße. This trip is covered by a ticket 'Berlin ABC'.
The meeting will take place on May 16th at the Humboldt University (HU), Luisenstr. 46, 10117 Berlin.
Getting to BBAW from the Hotel Allegra – walking distance – slowly: ca. 22 Min.
Alternatively, you can take U6 from station Friedrichstraße to station Französische Straße, then you have to walk ca. 300m.
Getting to BBAW from the Guest House – walking distance – slowly: ca. 20 Min. Alternatively, you can take U6 from station Oranienstraße to station Französische Straße, then you have to walk ca. 300m.
Note that the tickets are valid for all buses, trams, subways and local trains (including S-Bahn). Check the BVG or VBB website for further information.
As far as tickets for public transportation are concerned we recommend the following options:
Single ticket – 2,30€ (The Single Ticket is the best option for people who travel by public transport only occasionally. Single Tickets entitle you to travel with any number of changes towards your destination via a direct travel route or one necessitated by works or other network alterations. They are valid for a maximum of two hours. You can use the buses, trams and urban rail and underground trains of all transport companies within the Berlin fare zones (A, B and C)**, including regional rail transport and ferries. Don’t forget to validate your ticket on starting travel.)
* The closest station is Karlplatz (bus TXL) or Campus-Charité (bus 147).
** It should be only (A,B); a ticket within fare zones A, B, C, costs 2,80€.
- Arrival at Berlin Hauptbahnhof (main station): take bus 147 to the station Campus-Charité. Alternatively you can take bus TXL till Karlplatz. This trip is covered by a ticket 'Berlin AB'.
- Arrival at airport Tegel: take the express bus TXL to Karlplatz. , This trip is covered by a ticket 'Berlin AB'.
- Arrival at airport Schönefeld: take the bus X7 to subway station Rudow, then take U7 to station Mehringdamm. Change here for U6 to station Oranienburgerstraße (then walk about 600 m). This trip is covered by a ticket 'Berlin ABC'.
Information about all events in Berlin incl. sightseeing, shopping etc. you can find here.
A very good option is Berlin WelcomeCard which includes unlimited use of the public transport and sales reduction in about 200 attractions in Berlin.
For all around traveller and Berlin discoverer:
Day Ticket (Berlin Zone AB) 6,30 (With a Day Pass, you can take as many journeys as you want on the day that is printed on the ticket or from validation of the ticket on starting your journey until 3.00am on the following day.)
Berlin WelcomeCard (72 hours) Berlin AB 23,90
Berlin WelcomeCard (5 days) Berlin AB 30,90
For those of you who stay longer than 5 day in Berlin
7-day-pass Berlin AB 27,20
For more detailed information please visit the following website: http://www.bvg.de/index.php/en/17102/name/Tickets+%26+Fares.html.
Natalia Gagarina (ZAS Berlin)
Eva Valcheva (ZAS Berlin)
Please direct all inquiries regarding the program and academic activities to Sharon Armon-Lotem.
The conference dinner will take place on Tuesday evening (May 15th) in the restaurant CUM LAUDE which is within walking distance from the conference venue and Hotel Allegra/Guesthouse. The restaurant is located on Universitätsstr. 4, 10117 Berlin. Everybody can order and pay on their own. For more information about the menu, please click here.
Before the dinner on Tuesday evening (May 15th) we have also planned a boat trip on the river Spree to discover Berlin from the water. The duration is about 1 hour, and there will be also a guide on board. This trip costs 10 € per person and should be paid in cash at the reception desk on Monday morning.
back to top